What can Invisalign treat?
Like traditional orthodontics, Invisalign® treats orthodontic concerns such as:
While this treatment is very effective, it does have its limits. For more severe cases, Invisalign® may not be sufficient. Therefore, before you make any hard and fast decisions, you should speak with Dr. Nussbaum about whether or not Invisalign® is truly the best option for you.
Why you should be worried
about straightening your teeth?
Straightening your teeth is not just a cosmetic concern. Crooked, overcrowded, or gapped teeth can have an impact on your overall oral health. Leaving these conditions unresolved can result in:
- Putting undue stress on your surrounding teeth, can lead to cracking and fracturing.
- Gapped teeth leave space for your surrounding teeth to move, which can have serious adverse impacts on your bite.
- Overcrowded teeth can leave you susceptible to tooth decay and gum disease because they can be harder to clean.
Benefits of Invisalign®
- They’re removable—no one will know you’re wearing them!
- Removable aligners mean that you aren’t restricted in what you can and cannot eat.
- Oral hygiene is easier because you can remove them. However, you also have to brush your teeth and aligners more often. You might develop better hygiene habits!
- Treatment generally only last 12-18 months
- The clear aligners are generally comfortable and won’t irritate your soft tissue like traditional metal braces.
Who is Invisalign® for?
If you have minor orthodontic concerns, there is a high chance you are a candidate for Invisalign®. People considering veneers to make their teeth appear straighter should consider Invisalign® instead since this treatment will fix the underlying problem.
Although this treatment is extremely beneficial, it is not for everyone. In addition to not being sufficient for severe cases, it also requires a great deal of diligence and commitment from you to be effective. To determine whether or not it is appropriate for you, call our office for your thorough consultation.
What to expect from treatment?
Treatment typically lasts 12-18 months. For a more individualized assessment, talk to Dr. Nussbaum at Michael Nussbaum, DDS about your personalized treatment plan. Every few weeks, you will need to get new aligners to keep your teeth moving in the right direction. In total, you will have about 20-25 aligners per arch by the time you complete treatment.
For Invisalign® to be effective, you will need to wear your aligners for a minimum of 22 hours a day, only removing them to brush your teeth and eat.
Invisalign® can give you straighter teeth and the beautiful smile that you want!
If you have aesthetic concerns and are ready to take the next step and get the smile you’ve always dreamed of, call Dr. Nussbaum, your trusted Austin dentist, today at (512) 334-6809 or request an appointment online.